Botched Fillers Signs and Symptoms
Fillers are becoming an increasingly common method of enhancing the face, and while they are very effective, they can occasionally go wrong. Areas most often affected by botched fillers include lips, cheekbones, jawlines, and forehead. Common signs of botched filler treatments include:
- Swelling and an unnatural appearance, often visible with botched lip filler.
- Uneven or asymmetrical facial feature alterations.
- Discoloration of the skin due to filler injected into the superficial dermis or epidermis.
- Lumps or bumps beneath the skin where the filler was injected.
We understand that this can be very upsetting for anyone who has experienced it and we want to reassure you that there are several treatment options and techniques to reverse the effects. In many cases, hyaluronidase injections can be used to dissolve the filler and restore your natural look.
How to Fix Botched Fillers
Fixing botched fillers can be challenging, but Dr. Hellman is an expert at correcting and improving where others may have failed. If you suspect that your filler treatment may have gone wrong, then some steps can be taken to help reverse the process.
- Hyaluronidase enzyme can be injected to dissolve the botched filler within 24 – 48 hours. It may take up to two weeks for botched filler reversal results to be visible.
- Injecting additional filler, strategically, to counteract botched results.
- Steroid or saline injections can help reverse non-hyaluronic fillers.
- Sodium thiosulfate can also be used to reverse unwanted results.
Schedule an appointment with a board-certified dermatologist such as Dr. Hellman, who can assess your filler outcome and recommend treatment options.
Preventing Botched Fillers
The best way to prevent botched fillers is to research and find an experienced, certified medical professional. Before getting any injectable treatments, ask them about the product they use and their experience with injecting fillers, and check references or reviews from past patients.
Additionally, be aware of the associated risks and side effects of filler injections. Here are some tips for a successful filler treatment:
- Choose only qualified providers who understand facial anatomy.
- Ask what kind of fillers they use and ensure they are FDA-approved products.
- Have realistic expectations about the result.
- Avoid aggressive treatment plans.
- Take it slow until you are happy with the results.
Contact Us Today
Reverse Botched Fillers with Dr. Hellman
Dr. Hellman has more than 25 years of experience in medical and cosmetic dermatology. Her experience, coupled with her commitment to patient satisfaction and safety, makes her an ideal choice for anyone who needs their botched filler results reversed. Contact our New York or Florida office to book an appointment to get you back to looking your best!
Contact Us Today
At our office, Only Board Certified Dermatologists See Patients & Perform Treatments
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my filler is botched?
To know if your filler is botched, you should look out for signs such as lumps or irregularities in the skin, unevenness between sides of the face, pain or tenderness in the area, discoloration or bruising at the injection site, and redness or swelling around the area.
Who can fix botched filler?
It is best to consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience working with dermal fillers if you think the filler has been botched.
How many treatments do I need to reverse botched lip filler?
Depending on the severity of the situation, it may take one to several treatments to reverse the effects of a botched lip filler. Your doctor can advise you on the specific number of treatments that may be necessary for your particular situation.
Schedule A Consultation
For further assistance regarding any of our procedures,
Call Us Today (212) 751-0577