What Causes Hair Loss?
Hereditary traits, unbalanced nutrition, stress, environmental factors, hormonal levels are the most common issues that affect the health of your hair. In certain cases, especially for men and women with typical balding patterns, over the counter and prescription medications can help to slow down or even stop the hair loss, but areas of the scalp that already suffered substantial hair loss are unlikely to grow back the hair.
Contact Us Today
Types of Hair Loss NYC’s Leading Expert Treats
Below are the main types of hair loss patients often suffer from:
- Androgenic alopecia – indicated by a receding hairline, this condition is known as female or male pattern baldness.
- Involutional alopecia – this is often experienced as hair thinning with age.
- Alopecia areata – patchy hair loss can affect both children and adults alike.
- Trichotillomania – a psychological condition that causes people to pull their hair out.
- Telogen effluvium – caused by a change in the hair’s growth cycle, individuals might experience shedding and thinning hair.
- Alopecia universalis – causes eyebrows, eyelashes, and pubic hair to fall out, affecting hair all over the body.
Non-Surgical Solutions to Grow Hair
If you prefer not to undergo a hair transplant surgery, Dr. Hellman can help you reinvigorate the hair follicles and initiate the growth of new hair with injections of a natural substance. These injections help reverse androgenic alopecia by giving the scalp a boost of energy and materials that restart the hair growth cycle. In combination with dietary changes and supplements, patients report a meaningful improvement over the next 6-12 months. Remember it takes time for the hair follicle to get out of its dormant stage and for new growth to be visible.
Why Choose Hellman Dermatology for Hair Restoration?
Dr. Hellman is certified by the American Board of Dermatology. She was able to help thousands of women and men who suffer from hair loss over the last 25 years. She understands the psychological repercussions of balding and is determined to diagnose and guide her patients in the path to new hair growth. Please call our office to schedule a consultation & determine if you are a good candidate for our hair growth treatment.
Contact Us Today
At our office, Only Board Certified Dermatologists See Patients & Perform Treatments
Written by Dr. Hellman on 7/22/2021
Schedule A Consultation
For further assistance regarding any of our procedures,
Call Us Today (212) 751-0577